Dr Kinnar Shah
Practice Success Strategy 7
Referrals And Reviews
Yes, a trusted referral is the Holy Grail.
You didn’t even market yourself, someone did it all for you. That’s priceless. Word of mouth is still one of the leading sources of business for small businesses.
When a customer is ready to see a dentist, they often start by asking family members or friends who they go.
Alternately, they may have heard someone talking about their amazing dentists who gave them a new smile.
Nowadays many people go online and look for ratings, reviews and comments posted on social media pages or google reviews.
As a small business owner, you probably realise that those personal reviews, testimonials and any raving reviews are gold for your business. They help you acquire customers without marketing.
If you still think reviews aren’t a massive part of our business, check out these incredible statistics from BrightLocal.com.
- 86% of consumers read reviews for local businesses (including 95% of people aged 18-34)
- Consumers read an average of 10 online reviews before feeling able to trust a local business
- 57% of consumers will only use a business if it has 4 or more stars
- 80% of 18-34 year olds have written online reviews – compared to just 41% of consumers over 55
- 91% of 18-34 year – old consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 89% of consumers read businesses’ responses to reviews.